Linking you to the Mixed Martial Arts news you want, and the stupid commentary you don't.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another perspective on Hughes vs Penn

Goddamn it. Every time I promise I'm not going to get sucked up in the hype of another lopsided UFC main event, I always end up falling for it in the end. The underdog comes out, the music is pumping, my adrenaline gets flowing and it's like I'm watching Rocky 1, where dreams can come true and it's all about the will to win. I start to beleive!

Of course, you know how Rocky 1 ends. Or if you don't, I'll ruin it for you now and tell you HE FUCKING LOSES. Just like BJ Penn is going to. It's so clear it's not funny. I mean, seriously.

But man ... on paper this thing doesn't seem as lopsided as I used to consider it. This article from Nokaut.com has a very good rundown on the history of these two fighters, including the people they've won against. I have to admit that Penn's resume is more impressive:

Hughes holds impressive wins over Frank Trigg (2), Sean Sherk, Hayato Sakurai, and Renato Verrisimo.

[Penn] holds notable wins over Caol Uno, Takanori Gomi, Matt Serra, Duane Ludwig, Rodrigo Gracie, and Renzo Gracie.

Anyways, this is the last article I'm going to post about this fight. Or at least the last one tonight. Or in the next hour. So hopefully after reading this one, you'll know who you're cheering for. And if that person is Penn, then you'll be cheering for the loser. Because he's going to lose. Seriously.

Read Nokaut's Penn vs Hughes analysis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home